Friday, January 7, 2011

CBC Winnipeg News Story

So a reporter for CBC stumbled across my blog while researching for a marketplace story.

They interviewed me for the local follow-up on the story. The follow-up dealt specifically with Shapes in Winnipeg.

Here's the link to the national story...

http://www.cbc.ca/consumer/story/2011/01/07/con-marketplace-gym-complaints.html

I'm trying to get a link or a copy of the Winnipeg follow-up. I wasn't able to see it today; I got home late because of the weather.

What truly shocked me was: Shapes is the gym they heard about 8th most out of all of the gyms in Canada. Most of the other ones on the list were national gyms, some with hundreds of branches. Shapes has 3 branches, and they were number 8. That's called "over-representation". It tells me that Shapes is doing something very wrong.

And although it sucks for hundreds of other people... It's nice to know that I'm not alone...

1 comment:

  1. I am fighting the same battle with Shapes currently and am wondering how you were able to resolve this and if you have any suggestions for me??

    ReplyDelete